Sunday, June 6, 2010

In My Heaven

Filtered light meandered aimlessly through the high-back wicker chairs on the plaza Jeanne d'Arc.

"Votre chocolate fondant mademoiselle," uttered the garcon. I sighed. French men sounded romantic even they were working.

"Brilliant! They brought two spoons!" Rose snapped up a utensil faster than I could and dug into the pile of chocolate decadence before us. I scooped up my own bite, closed my eyes, and entered heaven.

In my heaven, there is chocolate everywhere.

My tongue was falling down a chocolate waterfall of pleasure. The cake held its substance for only a moment and then disintegrated into a pool of crystallized cocoa sugar. I slowly opened my eyes as the first bite dissolved and glowered at Rose. Both of our spoons arced up like knights challenging each other to a duel. The little piece of heaven sat quivering between us. Who would get the most of it? ME, ALL ME!!!!

No comments: