Friday, September 25, 2009

S.L.O.B Character - What I Did This Weekend

Pick any character from chapters 1-6 of The Secret Life of Bees and write a blog post as if you were them. Describe what they did over the weekend.

Use their voice and their style of vocabulary. Who did they see and interact with? What did they do? Remember, what you are writing about is in addition to what happens in the book. You are making up an extra “scene” in the book that we haven’t read yet.

I will link to examples of students’ blogs as people write them this weekend so you can get some ideas.

Requirements:
- 3 full paragraphs
- Spell check
- Include a relevant, interesting photo

Email me with any questions. I’m open to creative variations of this assignment if you want to go a slightly different way with it. Just email me in advance.

Due: Tuesday before class

* Same assignment due for MWB

No comments: