Thursday, September 25, 2008

I do my homework too! LDW: Metaphors, Similes and Clichés


Behold the mullet, capping my skull like an orange on a toothpick. Sideburns like the ragged teeth of a jack-o-lantern. Is it a boy? Is it a girl? Only the purple pants give it away, as the little Charlotte works, as busy as a bee. Oh how I miss the third grade. Back before I cared about boys...and obviously my looks.

Enter Charlotte five years later, dressed to the nines for 9th grade homecoming. I have all the promise and eagerness of youth in that smile. My hair is a thick, luxurious blanket, woven with golden threads, long before it went red, and my slightly clenched hands give away my trepidation; I'm a nervous debutante at her first public event, wondering if she'll be welcomed by the 'in' crowd. 9th grade was a jump off a diving board, straight into life's adventure...and my hair was soooo much cooler.

(For an example of a class blog doing the same thing, check out Taylor's here or Christian's here.)

9 comments:

Little Livy said...

haha nice mullet

Ms. Charlotte said...

Oh. I know.

Unknown said...

Feel good......

Taylor said...

I love your mullet! And you looked so pretty at home coming!!!! (you still do too!)

Ms. Charlotte said...

ahhhh, thanks :)

Sariah English said...

I thought you looked like a princess for that homecoming dance! But, if they think your mullet is bad, they should have seen your puff ball head sister!! LOL

Anonymous said...

what's a mullet??? =/

Ms. Charlotte said...

Check it out on www.google.com.

Have fun!

jasmine! said...

hahah i love the mullet!
its cute :)